What is Nonviolent Communication?
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a philosophy, a leadership technique, a process of interpersonal communication, and an approach to life that allows people to achieve greater empathy/compassion for themselves and others by developing their sensitivity to feelings and needs; it allows us create positive relationships where each person remains real, whole, heard and understood, and strengthen our ability to remain human, even under trying conditions.NVC is not:
1) a technique or formula for manipulating people to do what you want them to do.
2) a method serving only conflict resolution. NVC is something much more - it is a way for building trusting relationships in which the possibilities for conflicts are reduced to zero. By mastering NVC skills you will:
- learn an effective way to process your negative emotions, thus reducing the time spent in negative emotions, resolving conflicts faster, and spending more time living productive life,
- learn how to ask what you need in a way that increases your chances to receive a positive answer,
- learn how to say no in a way that it is less likely to provoke irritation or touch feelings of others,
- get less triggered by evaluations and judgemental comments of others as you will learn to see their human needs behind their unpleasant words,
- gain emotional freedom and higher emotional independence from other people by learning the true cause of our feelings,
- have more fun in you life.